- How to embed FLV to HTML and upload online?
Surfing online, you will find video contents everywhere. It is obvious that video stuffs are more eye-catching than simple text contents. If you are running a website or blog and plan to add video contents, you will find this article useful. Here I’d like to show you the most costless and easiest way to get video contents online.
First of all, you must get some videos. Of course you will think of taking some by yourself. But I would say, here’s an easy way. That is to download the videos from other sites, edit with your own ideas, and embed to your website. Most important, you must get permission from the video owner.
There will be only a few steps.
1. Download the video with some free downloader. Here you can use YouTube FLV Downloader.
2. Edit the video with some free FLV editor. You can use FLV Editor Lite which cooperates perfectly with the mentioned FLV downloader.
3. The FLV Editor Lite/ Ultimate will help you embed the generated FLV file to HTML for uploading online.
The following are detailed descriptions.
How to download FLV?
With YouTube FLV Downloader, you can download any FLV files from YouTube, Fox, NBC, ABC, Dailymotion, Metacafe, MySpace, blogTV, etc. For YouTube videos, you can drag the thumbnail directly to the floating window of this FLV downloader and create the download task. For FLV videos from other sites, you can follow steps below:
1. Install and launch the program and you will see the wine-red interface. Click to the Capture section.
2. Go to the video-sharing site on your browser, and click into the page where the video is playing. While the video is buffering, you can switch to the downloader and you will find the URL captured and placed in it.
3. Right click on the URL or select the URL and click the Download button, and you can create a download task.
4. While the FLV is being downloaded, you can go to Downloading section to see the process. After done, you will find the downloaded FLV placed both in Library and History sections. Right-clicking the FLV in either of the sections, you can select Edit to import the FLV file directly to FLV Editor Lite (the editor should be installed first).
How to edit FLV and embed the FLV to HTML files?
It’s just a piece of cake if using FLV Editor Lite. All your works are a few clicking and dragging things. And what’s more exciting, no matter what you have done to the FLV/F4V/MP3, there will be no quality loss. You can trim FLV, cut FLV, merge FLV, replace audio, add metadata and cue point, split FLV video and audio, and so on.
1. Import FLV/F4V/MP3. You can easily import FLV files from Media Library of YouTube FLV Downloader or from IE Cache. The imported files will be placed in Resource List where you can double-click on file to play. If you have imported an F4V file, the F4V will be transformed into H.264 FLV first. But there won’t be any quality loss.
Please note, for Lite version at most 5 files can be imported. And only a single MP3 can be imported.
2. Edit FLV. To edit FLV/F4V/MP3 clips, you must drag and drop the clip to Timeline. With the buttons on Timeline, you can edit the clips without any difficulties. This program also provides other thoughtful designs. You can even edit by right-clicking menu on Timeline or with short-cut keys.
Merge FLV: No matter how many clips are placed on Timeline, they will be exported as a single file, so that you can merge FLV files. By right-clicking on blank area on Timeline, you can select Trim Blank to make the clips attach to each other tightly.
Real-time preview: As you are editing, you can click the Play button to preview the effects.
Split FLV video and audio: By selecting a clip and clicking the Unlink button you can rip the FLV video and audio. And then you can select and click “X” to delete unwanted part, or import other MP3/FLV audio to replace the audio. Select a video clip and an audio clip with the help of Ctrl on your keyboard, and you can click Link to attach them together.
Trim FLV: Dragging the edge of a video clip, you can trim it.
Cut FLV: If you are not satisfied with some part in a clip, you can drag the pointer to the right position and click the Scissor button to cut, and then you can trim or delete the unwanted part.
Undo and Redo: You can undo or redo the previous setting by clicking button or press Ctrl + Z.
3. Export SWF and HTML to embed FLV in HTML.
After all your settings, you can click Export SWF button to export the clips on Timeline as a single FLV together with SWF and HTML files for uploading online. You have many player skins, preloaders, and special effects options in Skin setting window. For the free Lite version, there are 3 options in each of the mentioned sections. In Profile section, the navigation on click is set to the official website of this program and cannot be reset. Ultimate version is without limitations and with more options.
In Profile section, you can set the control bar to auto hide, or set the video to auto play.
Clicking OK, you can go to Export SWF section to select where to put the output files and whether to generate an HTML file with the video embedded.
Now in seconds, all files will be generated. You can upload all files to the same folder on your server. And then you can get your video streaming on your website.
To embed the video to your website, you can also use codes as follows:
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="320" height="240">
<param name="movie" value="example.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="True" />
<embed src="example.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="240" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="True">
You can replace the bold part, “example.swf”, with your own SWF file, and reset width and height.
With the free programs I recommended, you will make your website more attractive and gain more visitors. Enjoy it!