- How to trim an FLV with a free FLV trimmer?
- Surfing on line, you will find various Flash videos (FLV) for you to enjoy. Some would like to download the files for enjoying on their own computer without the annoying buffering. And some can even trim the unwanted parts off and watch the essential parts anytime they like. This article is to tell you a free way to download and get the essential part of a Flash video (FLV). It’s very easy with a free program called FLV Editor Lite.
To learn how to download FLV, you can follow the following graphic tutorial and the brief description.
1. Download, install and launch the free YouTube FLV Downloader. If you are downloading a YouTube FLV, you can drag the thumbnail of a video to the floating window to start a download task. For videos from other video-sharing sites, you can go to the Capture section of the FLV downloader and enable the capture button (it’s enabled by default).
2. Go to the video-sharing site on your browser, and click to play a video. The FLV downloader will capture the URL automatically.
3. Switch to the Capture section of the FLV downloader, you can see the URL.
4. Right click on it, select download, and you can start the download task.
5. Click to the Downloading section, and you can see the downloading process.
6. After the FLV is downloaded, you can go to History and Library sections to find the file.
7. In History and Library sections, you can right click on a file and select play, convert, or edit. If you select Convert, you will launch FLV to Video Converter (if installed) and convert the FLV/F4V to other formats for playback on your portable devices. If you select Edit, you will launch FLV Editor Lite/Ultimate (if installed). And then you can trim the FLV/F4V with this free FLV/F4V trimmer.
How to trim the FLV with the free FLV trimmer?
1. Download, install, and launch the free FLV trimmer, FLV Editor Lite.
2. Import FLV by clicking the Import FLV button. You can also import from Media Library of YouTube FLV Downloader or IE Cache. You can also import MP3 file. Here you can import up to 5 files at most. Only a single MP3 can be imported.
3. The files will be placed in Resource List. You can double click to preview.
4. To edit the FLV/F4V, you can drag the FLV/F4V clip to Timeline.
On the timeline, you can drag the edge of a clip to trim the FLV/F4V.
Or you can drag the pointer to the right position, click Scissor button to cut, select and delete the unwanted part of the FLV/F4V clip. It’s very easy.
5. While export, you can either export the FLV to FLV to Video Converter for conversion to other formats, so that you can playback on your portable devices. Or you can export SWF file and HTML with FLV, and SWF embedded, so that you can upload on your website or blog for sharing.
6. If output SWF, you have many selections of player skins, preloaders, and special effects.
At last, you can upload all exported files to the same folder of your server. And then you can see the FLV streaming online.
You can also export the FLV to Media Library of YouTube FLV Downloader.
Have a try and you will find this program very useful. You can merge FLV, trim FLV, cut FLV, split FLV video and audio, and get MP3 from FLV as long as the original FLV audio is MP3.